We have been officially working from home for over 6 months now! Some of us absolutely love it and thrive in this environment. Some of us might be struggling. Some of us might be impartial. No matter the case, everyone has those days where you have sat in front of the screen for hours upon hours with no breaks. You start to feel anxious, tired, antsy, but when work is over, we still can't seem to muster up the energy to be active.
Why am I physically tired when all I did was sit as a computer all day? This is what we call the work-from-home funk!
Here's what you need to do:
1. Set a timer on your phone for 1, 3, or 5 minutes.
2. Close your eyes.
3. Place your tongue to your teeth and use that as your focus point.
4. Take deep breaths in through your nose and out through your mouth.
5. Imagine breathing clean air in.
6. Imagine breathing out any stress, anxiety, and business of the mind - pushing away any negativity or unproductive thoughts.
Just taking 1, 3, or 5 minutes out of your day to stop and breathe can be so beneficial to your stress levels and will help you relax to focus more and be productive. You can try this practice first thing in the morning before work or mid-day if you're feeling overwhelmed. The whole point is to just disconnect from technology and the things that constantly keep our attention, to focus inward on our own health and wellness! We hope this helps!