Over the past few years we’ve seen a global shift in the overall happiness of employees.
In what’s being named The Great Resignation, professionals across the world are quitting their jobs in significant numbers or switching to better opportunities.
It’s becoming increasingly harder to not only keep current employees happy, but attract top talent without a focus on company morale, great pay, and overall employee happiness.
So, what makes employees happy?
And how can you measure and improve employee happiness in your organization now?
In this blog, we’re going to give you a couple of tips to help improve morale around your office and help you gauge the happiness of current employees.
Let’s jump in!
Why Aren’t Employees as Happy as They Once Were?
While The Great Resignation has certainly not been an overnight phenomenon, it does seem like employees are suddenly less satisfied with their working environments as they once were.
This can be attributed to a variety of factors, including:
- Compounding burnout over the last few years due to COVID-19
- Remote working environments
- Rising costs
- Prioritization of a better work-life balance
- Disconnect from greater company purpose
According to Entrepreneur.com, a lack of work-life balance and declining job satisfaction top the list as the greatest factors contributing to mass employee departures.
How Can You Measure Employee Happiness in 2022?
At the end of the day, employee happiness will always boil down to combination of factors:
- How much employees enjoy their day-to-day work
- How stressed or unstressed employees feel
- How safe and comfortable employees feel at work
- How fulfilled and appreciated employees feel in their current role, and
- How well employees are compensated
To make it really easy for you, we created a quick quiz that you can take to test the wellness of your employees.
Additionally, you can:
- Conduct a quick survey to ask employees where they stand
- Have more authentic conversations. One-on-one meetings are a great way to get to know how employees are feeling.
- Offer anonymous employee feedback opportunities
- Check employee stress levels
- Take a look at absenteeism levels
How To Increase Employee Happiness Ongoing
In order to keep top talent at your company, it’s more important than ever to place emphasis on the morale and happiness of employees.
Here are a few ways we recommend improving employee happiness:
1. Keep the conversation going.
Don’t send out a survey one time and expect happiness levels to rise. It’s important to keep honest and authentic conversations flowing in order to receive and act on feedback across the team.
2. Implement an employee wellness program.
Here at Paragon Body, we help companies like Zoom, Qualcomm, Fortinet, Clari, and more provide a comprehensive 360 degree wellness program to all employees. Whether it’s through daily workouts, yoga, stretching, and meditation classes, our 1:1 consulting with nutritionists and personal trainers, or weekly health tip reminders to staff - there is something to improve the morale and wellness of every employee.
3. Make work-life balance a focus.
In 2022, many professionals covet their personal time even more so than their salary. Give employees the flexibility to work in their own time, and even clock off early on Fridays. Improving work-life balance is a great way to avoid employee burnout and increase productivity.
4. Create team bonding events
Whether virtual or in-person, team events are a great way to boost morale and create connections among employees at work. While you may be tempted to make it a “work project” or “problem-solving” event, there is nothing better than a great pizza and chat event to help employees take their mind off work and unwind a bit together.
Take The Employee Wellness Quiz!
Are you unsure of where your employees stand in your office?
Take our 2-minute quiz to help you gauge how healthy and happy your employees currently are.
Take The Employee Wellness Quiz